SAFe® for Architects
Operational and Assessable Objectives:
Enable continuous value flow by aligning technical strategy with business goals, communicating that
strategy to development teams, and applying Agile architecture practices.
Attendees can improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe Lean-Agile enterprise when they become a SAFe® 5 Architect. The SAFe® for Architects course prepares System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects to engage across the organization as effective leaders and change agents who collaboratively deliver architectural solutions.
During this three-day course, attendees will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, and appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems of systems while supporting SAFe program execution.
- System, Solution, and Enterprise architects
- Architects in supporting technical disciplines
- Experienced software developers
- Technical managers making architectural decisions
- Product leaders collaborating with architects
- Exemplifying Lean-Agile architecture
- Architecting for DevOps and Release on Demand
- Aligning architecture with business value
- Developing Solution Vision, Solution Intent, and Roadmaps
- Preparing architecture for Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Coordinating architecture throughout PI Planning
- Supporting Continuous Delivery during PI execution
- Supporting new Strategic Themes and Value Streams
- Leading as an architect during a Lean-Agile transformation
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and teammembers during Program Increment (PI) Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
Those who attend this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and must have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending this one.
What the training includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Architect (ARCH) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
How and when to access:
- Training provided in French or English
- Face-to-face or distance learning
- Workbook and course material in English
- Materials for practical exercises
- Evaluation of the training via interactive questionnaires during the training to verify the acquisition of knowledge
- Platforms and tools used: Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Mural, Miro, Drive
Passing the Certification :
At the end of the training, the candidates will receive a link to the SAFe Community platform and will be able to take the exam. The first test is included in the training within 30 days. Each new test will cost $50, payable directly on the SAFe Community platform.
- Format of the exam: Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Method: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Duration: 1,5 hour (90 minutes)
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 32/45 (71%)
- Language: Exam in English
At the end of the exam, you receive your results immediately.
After passing the exam, the candidate receives their certification which is valid for 1 year. This must be renewed annually and costs $295/year.