Operational and Assessable Objectives:
To compete in a disruptive global market, every organization needs to deliver valuable technology solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems— not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline.
This two-day, remote-enabled, interactive course—purpose-built for SAFe Virtual Classroom—helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end.
Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a Continuous Delivery Pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value-stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end- to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
- Access the tools and templates available to learners after the class on the SAFe Community Platform
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
What the training includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certification of completion
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner certification upon passing of exam
Attendees must attend all of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
How and when to access:
- Training provided in French or English
- Face-to-face or distance learning
- Workbook and course material in English
- Materials for practical exercises
- Evaluation of the training via interactive questionnaires during the training to verify the acquisition of knowledge
- Platforms and tools used: Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Mural, Miro, Drive
Passing the Certification :
At the end of the training, the candidates will receive a link to the SAFe Community platform and will be able to take the exam. The first test is included in the training within 30 days. Each new test will cost $50, payable directly on the SAFe Community platform.
- Format of the exam: Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Method: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Duration: 1,5 hour (90 minutes)
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 33/45 (73%)
- Language: Exam in English
At the end of the exam, you receive your results immediately.
After passing the exam, the candidate receives their certification which is valid for 1 year. This must be renewed annually and costs $100/year.